Edgewater Fullscope, an IT service management company, came to Getfused to fill the UX role in a large application redesign project. Their client, Resource Solutions, had worked with them many years prior to create a staffing platform called TalentSource. This application had grown and evolved in the decade following the original development, and they were beginning to reach the limit of what they could accomplish through incremental updates. A full iteration was needed. Our goal was to use modern conventions to implement the best UX while keeping the transition easy for a large international user base that had used the existing platform for years. Worldwide adoption came with the added challenge of creating a flexible user interface that could accommodate language translation.
With so many distinct tasks and audience segments, the project needed to be divided into smaller sprints to focus on a few users and tasks at a time. The application was broken down into 8 modules that served every step of the staffing process: from applicants submitting their resume, to recruiters comparing candidates and conducting interviews, straight through to employees punching their time. The overarching goals were simplicity and consistency.
- Our UX team created a pattern library to document UI components and the best practices for leveraging them within a layout.
- Our visual designers adjusted the client’s web style guide to focus on usability within an application while still conforming to the brand. This new look and feel was applied over the pattern library.
- Our front-end team developed CSS and HTML components to allow new pages and prototypes to be quickly assembled using pieces from the pattern library.
- Customizable dashboards: the system adjusts to fit user workflows, allowing the same solution to work for a huge variety of businesses and audiences.
- Document and resource management: no more wasted time searching for information spread across applications and file folders.
- Candidate management & comparison: recruiters can quickly assemble a list of leads for a job, which a hiring manager can then review in a one-stop interface combining job position details and candidate attributes.
- Timesheet entry and approval: the system goes beyond recruiting; it allows customers to manage contractor spend effectively by providing online timesheets that can be submitted and approved on the go.
- Advanced search and reporting: with such a large pool of data behind it, it’s no surprise TalentSource’s users needed a way to conduct some complex searches. We created an intuitive interface allowing users to build complicated queries without being overwhelmed by the power at their fingertips.
Resource Solutions is proud to provide their clients with talentsource, an award-winning and industry-leading recruitment technology, supporting end-to-end recruitment lifecycle tracking.
Weekly Worldwide Users
Annual Recruitment Spend
managed through the platform
Best HR Tech: Outsourcing
HRM Asia Readers' Choice Award